Saturday, August 27, 2011

29. Goals

Right now I'm working to paying off some debts. Nothing too big, but I hate debt! We bought my anniversary ring on credit, and then went to work to pay it off. I paid it off a few months ago, and it felt so good. Now to work on some medical bills.

I have some improvements I want to make to my house, but other things keep getting in the way. It might not happen now this year, but hopefully next year I can get a new entertainment center and finish getting new blinds for the rest of the windows.

Learn how to saddle Sugar without Josh's help. That's saying a lot, it takes all I have to lift the heavy saddle onto her tall back. But we've only been riding a few times and I think I'm catching on fast.

My big goal right now is saving for our cruise next year. It won't be hard, I'm just trying to get those debts out of the way first.

Get at least 6 months ahead on our bills. Last winter we were ahead on everything and it was so wonderful. Christmas, birthdays and our anniversary came and we were able to live it up because we didn't have to worry about having money for bills and for celebrating.

Get my Christmas shopping/craft making done. This one is a little overwhelming, I still have no idea what I want to make for presents this year. I need to figure it out so I can get started.

Get caught up on my scrapbooking. You would think since I don't have kids, I don't have a lot to scrapbook, but I do. I've been working on it some weekends, but there just isn't enough time to have fun and then create the pages to display the fun we've had.

Loose more weight. I've already done awesome by loosing just over 40 pounds, but I still want to loose some more.

Long term goal: live outside of Utah someday. I think Josh has 2-3 years of school left (at the rate he is slowly going now). After that is when we will get serious and start looking at jobs out of state. It even helps that the company he works for is based out of Colorado.

No comments: