Friday, May 22, 2009

Spring Cleaning...Kitchen (okay, only parts of the kitchen)

I've taken a break from my deep spring cleaning.

(Well, more like I've been lazy.)

Until today. I started to clean my kitchen. Just the standard stuff like dishes, washing off counter tops. Then I decided to clean off the tops of the cupboards and go through the items that have accumulated up there. Some things will go to the yard sale, other things are already in the garbage. It was dusty up there, so I lifted the vacuum on top of the washer and used the hose to vacuum up the dust.

Then I decided to clean my oven....that is the point of this post today. The world needs to know that it is worth the extra money to buy the better cleaner.

A few days ago I bought this cleaner knowing I needed to clean the oven. I followed the directions. I sprayed a heavy coating and then let it sit for 2 hours. Then I scrubbed. And scrubbed. And scrubbed. Then I sprayed again and let it set for another 2 hours. Then I scrubbed again, and again.

I bought this cleaner because we are trying to be more thrifty. This can was $3 cheaper than the name brand. I was so proud of myself. Until I was down to only a fourth of the can and my oven still looked at dirty as it did before I started.

So I went to the store and bought this stuff. It was well worth the extra $3! I sprayed and let it set for an hour. It still took some elbow grease, but my oven is now sparkly clean.

I also cleaned the top of the oven real good, but I cheated there. I bought new trays to go under the burners. I must admit, I spend way more time cooking with my stove than I do cleaning my stove. I should have done this cleaning project months ago. And I probably should do it more often than I have been.
Sadly, I waisted all my energy on the stove today and didn't get much else done. I still have a few cupboards I want to go through, but I am waiting until we buy the shelf I've had my eye on for a while now.

No comments: