Wednesday, March 30, 2011

If you can't convince them, bribe them

A year ago, when Josh started his new job, I asked him to fix my bike. I've had it for years, but haven't ridden it for several years. It needed new tires and a new seat. I bought those, and then patiently waited. And waited. And waited. Until it snowed. Then I figured I wouldn't be using my bike in the winter, so I put the tires and seat away.

A few weeks ago, I started asking him to fix my bike again. As soon as the semester is over, he will go back to work full-time, so I was hoping he could get it fixed before then.

This weekend, I had a thought. Bribe him. He's been asking for a new gun for a while now. I finally told him he could buy it this summer when he's out of school. But that hasn't stopped him from looking, and hinting about it.

On Monday, I asked him, "If I told you, you could buy that gun on Wednesday, would you fix my bike tomorrow?" He asked if I was serious. I told him not too serious, but he couldn't have the gun until after my bike was fixed.

I just got a text from him:

"Bike's fixed when can I get my 7mm?"

He still might have to wait a week or two, but it looks like he'll have a new gun soon. And while he is cleaning it, I'll be out riding my bike.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay!!

Heather said...

I love it!!! Sometimes bribing is the only way!