Friday, January 14, 2011

28th Birthday

On Monday I turned 28. :) Maybe its because I'm still young, but I don't mind having birthdays because I don't feel like I'm getting that much older. 

We had planned a great day to spend as my last day of being 27. We decided to go to the city just so I could eat at the Olive Garden. And I'm in desperate need of a winter coat (we haven't been above freezing since before New Years!), so a little shopping was planned too. It was going to be a great day.

On Saturday night, Josh's family had a problem with one of their horses. He was down and couldn't get up. He had also sled into a fence and they were worried about him hurting his legs.  While trying to roll him away from the fence, Josh slipped on a batch of ice and hurt his back. 

The next morning it took Josh 5 minutes to sit up and get out of bed. Being the sweetie that he is, he told me to give him an hour and then he would take me to the city. Being the wise wife that I am, I told him there was no way I was going to make him sit in a car all day. I gladly offered to take him to the doctor and of course he refused. Then a few minutes later he changed his mind. That is when I knew just how bad he hurt. He's broken toes and not gone to the doctor, this must be bad. 

So instead of going to the city, we went to the ER. They did an x-ray and his spine was okay, but he had pulled all of the muscles in his lower back. I wish I had taken my camera! He had to put on a hospital gown for the x-ray, but he kept on his cowboy hat. He wore it while they pushed his chair to the lab, then I held it while he laid on the table. Then he put it back on for the ride back to the room. We left with some pain pills and strict instructions to take it easy. He is starting to feel better now.

Monday morning I got up a few minutes earlier (as in I only hit snooze once instead of two or three times) because Josh told me I could open one present before I left for work. I was excited so I opened it before changing out of my pj's. I think you should get to stay in your pj's extra long on your own birthday. 

I finally got an Itrip for my car! I fought off getting an Ipod for so long, now I'm not sure if I could live without it. 
Josh managed to get to class that day, despite his pain. After class he brought me some very pretty flowers at work. I love getting flowers at work! 
Then that night he made me Chicken Parmesan for dinner. I'm such a lucky girl. 
After dinner I opened my other two presents. Josh got me a new bracelet. 
Then he got me an external DVD player. Its not quite what I asked for, but its the thought that counts. Right? No, actually what I really need is an external storage device, so I will be exchanging this external hard drive the next time I get to Staples. 
We finished out the night with one of my favorite desserts, Decadent Brownie Pie. It is so GOOD!
And we played my new Mario game I got for Christmas. But really I was trying to take a picture of Ally hanging off of the chair. 
Zipper wished me a happy birthday by loosing a whisker right next to Josh, so Josh so could find it and give it to me. 


My first week of being 28 has been a little rough (I have now filled out my first police report), hopefully the rest of the year will be better. 

2 comments:

From the Stork; An adoption Journey said...

happy birthday to you. It might not be now but this year turning 30 I am backing away from and may stay 29 for the next few year. haaha. have a very happy birthday

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!