Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Swimming figures and pink lemonade cupcakes

Last night we learned how to make swimming people using Royal icing.

The inner tubes. (This was the easiest part!)
Here is my people starting to take shape.
All dressed up and ready to go swimming on a cake or cupcakes!
This was my first guy. He was my favorite. He was the only one I could get the toes and fingers to look like toes and fingers.
This guy I think I did the best hair on.
One of my swimming girls.
Another swimming girl.

We also learned how to make lemonade cupcakes. I brought a few home, but I don't think they will last until Josh gets home so I might have to bake some soon so he can try them. I'll post the recipe on my cooking blog when I do.


Kim's mom took the class with us.
Our next classes don't start until the end of the month; I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It was so fun taking this one night class! I actually haven't even had a second to try a pink lemonade cupcake, maybe today! Andrew tried one though and said they were good. You're right about the inner tubes being the easy part for sure! Love ya!