Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July

I haven't made a cake since cake class, so I decided the holiday was the perfect excuse to make sure I didn't forget anything. I'm still not confident with my shell border, but using the star tip to make stars was fun. (I did cheat and use a stencil to trace them out first. )
Next year I am going to make a flag inside the cake. Funny fact: I love making and decorating the cakes, but I don't actually eat them. Cake is not my favorite dessert. I forgot how much I LOVE fireworks! Thank you Colter for putting on an awesome show!





Koda didn't like the fireworks. :(

5 comments:

KT said...

Beautiful Cake!

Jill Elizabeth said...

I wish I lived closer! I LOVE cake. You could make them, and I could eat them :o)

This one looks so super cute! And I don't think using the stencils is cheating. How else are you supposed to do it?

Sharon said...

Just so you know, I have taken all 3 of the Wilton method classes, and there were people in my level 3 class who couldn't do shell borders half as well as you do yours. The cake looks great! Bet it tasted yummy too!

From the Stork; An adoption Journey said...

That is a really cute cake. You camera takes really god fireworks too.

Jessica said...

That was a lot of stars!~ I love your cake though. It turned out great! Great shell border as well. :)