Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kittens!

I love having baby kittens! It was so hard to go to bed last night, I just wanted to sit by them all day. But as much as I love them, I will never have kittens again. The more I think about the four kittens and how they were attached by their cords, the more I get sick over it. I am pretty sure there was no way they came out one at a time, they had to have come out all clumped together. I am so sorry Ally, you never ever EVER have to do this again. I am so grateful she survived.

I took the one with the foot problem to the vet today. The vet said all we can do for now is keep an eye on it. With in a few days we will be able to tell if the foot is still alive or if circulation was cut off to long. He was pretty sure it would be the latter, so I'm already planning a trip back to the vet on Friday to get it all cleaned up.

This one was my least favorite until Ally got it all cleaned up. Its probably the closet looking to Ally's boyfriend. That is what we call the tabby cat that we saw around the house while Ally was in heat. He is solid orange. I also expect this one to end up being the fatest. Each time another one tries to crowd in to eat, it pushed them away.
A gray one.
This one is solid black. I can't remember now, but it was one of the black ones that was born not attached.
This one has white socks on each of its feet and a little bit of white on its chin and belly.

Here is our calico with the foot we are keeping an eye on. The second I saw it was a calico, I wanted to keep her. I have a soft spot for calicos. ;) The foot we are watching is the back bottom foot that is all purple and swollen. I just love all they sleep all over each other.

7 comments:

Jill Elizabeth said...

They are so tiny and cute! I love all the pictures :-)

Sharon said...

O.k. sooooo cute!!!

bookladydavina said...

bionic kitty feet! I think I mentioned these over on facebook.. Cat over in England lost it's back feet in a farm accident and they gave him implanted prosthetics.. such an odd concept, but why not! :)

http://www.tgdaily.com/general-sciences-features/50370-oscar-the-cat-walks-again-with-bionic-limbs
and
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/25/bionic-cat-gets-new-life_n_625607.html

Teah said...

Actually they should have all come out attached. If they were unattached you would be worried because the umbilical still provides oxygen until they come out. Then when they are born the mother cat chews through the cords. Kind of gross I know but I just wanted to appease some of your fears for Ally. Animals really are amazing.

Savannah said...

They were all clumped together in a ball. I really believe this was not an easy delivery and I am lucky to still have Ally.

Ken and Kelly said...

Too cute! too bad I am allergic, just looking at them makes my eyes water. I always thought kittens were so dang cute though

Savannah said...

Kelly, I'm so sad you are allergic to cats. I would be lost without mine.