Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day in the city

I love trips to the city! Yesterday Jessica and I went to the city. Our first stop ended up being our favorite stop of the day. We went to the Robert's Crafts in Sandy because they were having some good sales and make a take projects.

First we made these cute little gifts bags. I was blown away when they told me they cut these out with the Cricut machine! I am going to order this cartridge!

Now I just need to fill it with goodies so I can give it to my nephew. :)

Then we made this little notepads. They were so fun and I wanted to buy the machine, but.....well, I'm still trying to justify it.
I was also able to buy a few cake supplies. I bought a round and a rectangular cake carrier along with some frosting tips and other fun cake things. Next week I want to make a cake for the 4th of July so I also bought some nice round cake pans. I can't wait to make the cake!
Then we headed to The Quilted Bear. I was surprised at check out and how much I spent. I usually spend a lot more.
A fun new key chain. I love the little fish and the cat standing by the milk jug!
A fun magnet that has magnets in all the paws so you can arrange it in different positions.
In the last few months we have decided to no longer hold back all the fun things we want to do because of the what ifs of life. This magnet and the plaque below are perfect!
Jessica found these cute little jars and they were only $2! So we each got one. We made several other stops, including the Olive Garden. I've decided their Alfredo sauce is about as close to heavenly food that you can get. We went to a few more craft stores, including the new Hobby Lobby. Usually we spend more time clothes shopping, but this trip we spent more time at the craft stores.

The other fun thing I bought was a few cat towers, but they can be connected together. The blue hammock on the left side is actually part of the last tower. I only bought one end piece and thought I would use the hammock until I can get another end piece.

3 comments:

Davis Valley Classic said...

That cat tower is classic! You always have such cute crafty things that you do. I'm such a loser when it comes to crafts, I start and get too mad and never finish! Thanks for the suggestions on books, I need to get busy reading!

Jessica said...

I think you should order that cartridge for your Cricut machine! I'll be up to use it in the future. ;) The other machine (now I forgot what it was called) would be really fun to own too though! I noticed later that night that my kitty treats jar has a messed up letter, but oh well, it's still cute. Your cat towers looks fun! Love ya!

Ken and Kelly said...

Love the Thomas S Monson Tile!