Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cake Decorating Class: Week 4

I'm so sad it was our last week of cake class. I have had so much fun learning new things each week. I'm already signed up for her next two classes, but they don't start until the end of July.

This week we had to bring our own cake and decorate it in class using the skills we learned. It had to include: a border, flowers and writing.

I was a little worried about how long it would take in class, so I did the basic frosting at home. This was what it looked like before I went to class. You can use a paper towel to smooth the frosting after it dries, but I ran out of time and had to get ready for work. I decided to take some of our teachers advice to heart: "It doesn't matter how perfect your cake looks, people will still eat it."
I decided to fill the center with flowers, pipe a green border along the bottom edge and fill the petals with stars. I love how it turned out.
I wasn't sure what to write, so I decided to keep it simple.
Here's a few pictures of my final project. I also learned that I despise my new camera. It doesn't take the best pictures and I'm so upset. My first Kodak was so wonderful, but this second one has not lived up to my expectations. My stars look blurry, but they really weren't.

Our class started with 5 people, but the other two gals didn't come to the last class. Here we are with our final projects. I love all our cakes!
I am going to miss cake class so much. We have decided we might have to continue to get together each week and have a girls night out.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

All our cakes are so cute! Thanks for inviting me to do this with you both. Love ya.

KT said...

Cute cake! You are getting me motivated...I bought new bags at Joanne's last week. Maybe cake this weekend!!