Monday, November 30, 2009

End of National Adoption Month

I have LOVED blogging about adoption all month long. I love adoption and wanted to end the month with a bang.

Did anyone catch on to THIS post on Thanksgiving? Particularly the letter E for emails? I won't make you click back. Here's the line I was talking about:

Emails from C - If I go a day or two without them, my mood starts to turn sour. I LIVE for these emails.

Let me tell you, I am not the best secret keeper, but this time I am pretty proud of myself. On October 20th we received an email. I called Josh to inform him we had another scam. That's what they always are. Then I started to count weeks and it actually matched up. This was a possible lead.

Every time we get an email from a potential birth mother my first reaction is to find the LDSFS office nearest to them and send them the contact information. That seems to be the fastest way to weed out scam. I didn't get the urge to do that this time. This time (after that first 5 minutes) I started to get excited.

Five weeks! Five weeks of bliss. For the most part I managed to keep my secret. At first we told two people, our caseworker and a friend of mine that has been blessed several times through adoption. After that I did pretty good. We were already emailing C when the paper interviewed us. When people asked how things were coming, the best I could do to not outright lie was say "I'm happy with how things are right now."

In the last two weeks we started telling friends and family. I was able to have some good visits with others who are waiting. I wanted to make sure they heard it from me and not somewhere else. I was had last Monday when a friend asked how things were. We had just started telling people and I hadn't said anything at work yet. But I paused too long and she knew something was up.

We have been emailing back and forth with C for over a month now. But the highlight happened on Sunday. After exchanging several hurried emails we decided to just call her. And we plan to meet her SOON. Santa's schedule is messing things up, but we are going to meet her hopefully in the next week or two.

Please pray for us and even more importantly, please pray for her. We don't want to share her name yet, but just pray for our birth mom C and heaven will know who you are talking about. Please pray that she can find peace and comfort as she struggles with her circumstance and the decision she needs to make and please pray that if she does choose adoption, we will be the family she chooses.

*To read the sad ending to this story, please read Unchosen.

12 comments:

Just Me said...

My prayers are there for you and for C! Best wishes.

Desi said...

SOOOO Exciting!!! You and C will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Joni said...

Savannah and Josh --

I am so excited and happy for you with your good news!! We will be happy to pray for you, C, and the baby too!!

You guys will be the most amazing parents!!

Keep us posted! : )

Joni

Elizabeth and Brian said...

I placed your name on the temple prayer roll last Wed. I'm glad I did. You are a mother, God just needs to get your baby physically in your arms. I'm glad you are going to do a face to face soon. What an exciting Christmas for you. I actually already have a presant for your baby!I'm just waiting for the miracle. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for you three.

Heather said...

I am very honored to be the one to hold your secret for these past few weeks. I am almost as excited right now as I was with each of our babies! You, Josh, and C will be in our family prayers, your names are on the prayer rolls of the Temple, and we will be anxiously waiting to hear how things continue. We love ya!

Heather

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

I am so excited for you Savannah! I hope & pray that all goes the way you hope!!! What a Christmas present! :)

Andee said...

I've already met her :-)
She's a very sweet girl and SOO beautiful.
I can't' wait to hear how your meeting goes!!

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

OH WOW!!! Yaaaaaaaaay! I will definitely pray for you! What wonderful news!

Malone and Brittany said...

YAY! I'm so EXCITED for you! We will keep you and C in our prayers as you have your face to face and hopefully as your relationship continues. Keep us updated!

Christine Dallimore said...

So Very Wonderful!!!! You will all continue to be in our prayers!!!

Lechelle said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you. I really really hope and pray this is it for you!

Anonymous said...

that is wonderful! so happy for you!