Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ally

Josh had to work out of town all week. It was a rough week for me.

I had to go to Vernal on Friday to get a few things so I decided I was not coming home without a new kitten. We decided we are a three kitten home and it felt empty without Missy.

First I went to the pet store. They had four kittens and they were cute, but they just didn't seem like they belonged with us. So then I went to the Animal Shelter. They must be terrified of law suites because I got a big lecture about not sticking my fingers in the cages. If I wanted to see one, they would get it out for me. So I picked on out, they wouldn't even let me hold it!

I picked out a cute calico. They put her back in the cage and said there was paperwork to feel out. Long story short, I cried in their office for 10 minutes because I had NO IDEA I had to have written consent from my landlord. They were closing in 10 minutes and there was no way to get it before closing. I sat in my car and cried for another 10 minutes. Then I came home kittenless and heartbroken.

My despair didn't last long because the next day Josh's mom called to say she had seen a sign at the store. I called the number and 15 minutes later I was holding this little girl. She has been nameless for the last 24 hours while we tried out countless names on her. Pyro doesn't like her, but Pyro doesn't like change, or anyone for that matter. Zipper is adjusting, mostly he is fighting jealousy issues.

Welcome to the family Ally



5 comments:

Meka said...

She is soooo cute!! It makes me so mad that they make it so dang hard to adopt from the shelter! Ya it's much better they stay there on death row then go to a loving home!! Shesh!! I'm glad you were able to find Ally though! Your cats will all adjust in time. It's always hard at first for them.

Desi said...

She's adorable! It's so fun to bring home kittens! I'm happy for your new family member - she's come to a great place! That's just silly that the shelter was so difficult. I can totally understand why you were frustrated and hurt! Glad you have a new little sweetheart to love on!

Brady and Richelle said...

she's adorable :)

Jessica said...

She is so cute! I LOVE kittens! Now I suppose I have to make another trip to your house to see her ;)!

Christine Dallimore said...

OOOOOO- She is just the sweetest thing ever....just look at that face...and those eyes-AHHH!! Ally is a perfect name for her!!! :0)