Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rice Therapy Bags

A few weeks ago, I talked Barb into rescuing some orphaned kittens. They've done ok, but today one of them seemed to take a turn for the worst. She gave him some electrolyte solution and I decided he was too cold because he didn't have a momma to heat him up. She didn't have a heat bag. She asked if I had a rice bag, but neither of us had one of those either. I don't like sewing, but I LOVE kittens, so I decided to make a bag for her to heat up and give him to cuddle up to. 

I started off with one kitchen towel sewed in half and realized it was way to BIG. I don't have one of those tools to pick out stitches and I didn't have the patience to deal with it, so I threw that towel to the side and found another one. This one I cut in half and made two bags, one for her and one for me. I'm so glad I had a cute towel to use. 

To me, this is a big deal. I don't think I have ever sewed something on my own. When I sewed the scarf this winter, and the stars a few weeks ago, I had someone standing over me reassuring me I was doing it the right way. But it was just a few straight lines and I did fine. Now the little guy can hopefully stay warm, although he is already doing better. (I'll have to get pictures of them and post more later.)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is a cute towel! I'm glad the kitten is doing better. :)