Monday, December 7, 2009

Parent Profiles

Dear Parent Profiles,
It's been a long bumpy ride. After waiting for a year we decided to start a profile with you. I didn't want to, but I couldn't stop myself. We didn't have to pay anything until we were ready for our profile to be published. I worked on you here and there and thought the fire would go away. But you were persistent.

Finally I decided it couldn't hurt to try you out for a month or two. Every month I wanted to cancel our profile. But every month I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Even after that incident with the scam, I still couldn't do it.

I finally reached my ultimatum. A year was all I was going to give you. Come the new year if you hadn't produced any results I was going to shut you down and not look back.

Thank you for sticking it out with me because now I get to see this little beauty added to our profile.
Thank you for having so many extras so I could include lots of pictures and info about us so the right person could see Josh's cowboy hat and fall in love with us.

Would I recommend your services? In a heartbeat. Will I use you again? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

*We are going to let our profile end at the end of the month. It really is perfect timing since their discount rate we were on will be going up in January.

*To read the sad ending to this story, please read Unchosen.

3 comments:

From the Stork; An adoption Journey said...

I can't tell you enough how happy and excited I am for you. That blog felt like it came out of now where. Oh my goodness. This is awesome. When will you be parents? If you don't want to say that is okay I am jsut so excited for you both. yeah yeah :)
I jsut felt like you were there emotionaly in this blogging world helping me for some long. I have been blogging for a while now and have felt like we use to talk all the time and vent about it and try to keep our selves occuppied so we didn't have to think about it and now both of use are on our paths to our dream. I won't know for sure until January but this is so exciting and I don't think I can be happier for anyone else. Listening to your story and the wait and all. I am jsut so happy.:)

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Yeah Parent Profiles invokes mixed emotions for me too. We never used them but I've heard all kinds of stories.

But when it works, it works!

Anonymous said...

congrats! thanks for putting us on your blog. you have an amazing blog. may the lord bless you and keep you!