Thursday, December 31, 2009

Temple Square

We got our second Christmas on Saturday when we went to see Celeste. We had a fun time, but learned we need to better prepare for the city. We were a few minutes late for the movie, not that it mattered because it was already sold out. I had to call a friend to find a restaurant (turns out we were piratically standing on it). The city sure is busy during dinner time, we never have to wait to get seated at a table where we live. But dinner was a blast, she even laughed when I called Josh a gay cowboy because he bought a purple shirt. We are so comfortable around her. We were able to get into a later showing of the "Princess and the Frog." It was super cute. I could fall in love with Disney all over again.

After that we decided to get lost in the city and go to Temple Square. I'm so glad the temple is big so even when you see it several streets away, you can get there. This was my first time using my new camera and I haven't figured out the settings yet so some of the pictures are blurry.

On the way back to her house we got really lost. Had no clue where we were. We thought about keeping Celeste, but we weren't sure where our home was either. But God is in all parts of the adoption process and through divine luck we found her house.

I get to go out again on the 22nd to learn the sex of the baby. I am so excited!!!! If Josh can't get the day off, than he says we will have to take another trip in January so he can see Celeste too.

2 comments:

From the Stork; An adoption Journey said...

This is so awesome and so exciting. I am so happy this is happeing for you both. I found out on October 5th that my little rascle was comming and I was so excited but the first thing I thought about was you. I know you would be happy for me and all but a piece of you sometimes feels like why can't it be me. I know that is how I would feel when my blogging friends would get a baby. I always felt happy for them because they had to endor the same as I did but deep down I would say when is it my turn why can't I be picked. So when I announced I was fostering to hopefully adopt him I was excited but I thought of you because you were my first blogging friend and the first person I felt like got how I felt exactly and I was feeling a little bad because you were on this journey to adopt for a little longer then us and it happend to us first so I felt bad and I know when you are going through this journey the last thing you want is people to feel bad for you I know that is how I was but I was so excited to hear about you both being choosen. This is so exciting and puts a big smile on my face when I hear about it. You both are going to be excellent parents and I can't say enough how happy I am for you and that it was around the same time as us and that is so awesome. You all look so happy and it is so great. I can't wait till we hear the sex of the baby and see pic's of the baby. how exciting

Christine Dallimore said...

I just love reading about your adoption journey. I LOVE visiting the S.L. Temple around Christmas...I'm sad we didn't get to go this year. :0( I'm so glad you had fun...and were able to find your way back home!