Saturday, December 5, 2009

Because you all asked

I've decided to come out of the clouds for a just a minute to answer some of the many questions we've been asked over the last 24 hours.

C is amazing. She is beautiful and wise beyond her years. To us, she is perfect. The love we have for her is an amazing sensation. Josh told me that he thinks he should feel guilty for loving another women, but since I love her just as much it doesn't bother me. This is a very sacred experience for us, so I'm sure there will be details we will keep close to our hearts and not share.

C is due in June. She doesn't know what she is having yet, but hopefully we can learn the end of January or the first of February. She lives in Utah so we will be able to see her often as we build upon our relationship. We also met her family and now we know why she is so amazing, she gets it from them. We are so excited open adoption and including them in our family circle.

We want to thank all our friends and family for the prayers offered in ours and C's behalf. We have felt them. Please continue to pray for all of us.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Oh my gosh, this is so exciting! We were chosen very early on also. I think our b-mom was only two months pregnant when she chose us. The wait is hard but just try to keep yourself in check. Seriously, if you have any questions you can just ask me. I've decided that it was better to have so much time to prepare for the baby. And I also grew a really strong relationship with the b-mom before baby was born. I'm so happy for you!

Chicken aka Emily said...

I'm so excited for you! What I think few people realize about open adoption is that it is, like you describe, just widening your family circle. I look forward to seeing things unfold for all of you in the months to come.

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Open adoption is awesome!

Teah said...

I think it will be nice for you also to go through all the ups and downs of pregnancy with C. It will give you great appreciation for the gift that she is giving you. I think all birth moms are amazing! I'm very excited for you. I hope and pray that all goes well with the pregnancy. Congratulations! And God Bless.