Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tribute to Josh

I realize this is a few days late, but since Josh is the only person in my life, I try to celebrate that everyday. Several people criticized us when we married so young, but he makes my life complete. It's hard to remember that I had a life before him.

A few weeks ago we went to the new Pixar Movie, "UP." That is another thing I have wanted to write about, but I can't seem to make it sound right. Wow, about sums it up. I especially love how they addressed that infertility does happen and they didn't give it the Hollywood Miracle Pregnancy Fix. In real life, there are couples who can't have children. Thank you Pixar for addressing that.

Ever since going to the movie, Josh has been even better about making sure the two of us remember that we are a family. He was awesome before, but now we both have this new enthusiasm to make our own adventures. Life is not what we expected, but that doesn't mean that we just stop living.

Josh is also great to point out that we can and will survive infertility. We have each other to take care of and love and we work hard at that.

He also keeps me grounded. Yesterday morning when I woke up to find the fridge not working, I wanted to freak out and before I met him I would have. But he has a way of staying calm. It's only a fridge, they are replaceable. We still have each other (and our kittens and puppy).

I know that someday Josh will be a great father. I can see it in his eyes, his heart, his spirit. I can sense it in the way he treats me and those he comes in contact with.

Josh, thank you so much for loving me.

No comments: