Thursday, June 25, 2009

Adoption Update

We are still praying for the birth mom that our file was presented to a back in May. I did talk to our case worker last week and he hasn't heart anything from her caseworker. We still include her in our daily prayers and hope that if she does make an adoption plan, we can be the couple she chooses.

We have started to look into adopting from the foster care system. We don't feel that foster care is the right thing for our family right now, since we both work, but maybe we can just adopt a waiting child. Every Monday Another Small Adventure does Matching Monday and therefore, every Monday, I fall in love with some little child, but I'm never brave enough to inquire.

A few weeks ago, I started to get more serious and I am now looking at more waiting children. I fell in love with two little boys, but they didn't feel right for our family, but I think a friend is inquiring about them. Last week I feel in love with another sibling group, and I did submit a form of interest for them. Being the impatient person I am I also went ahead and made a phone call. They just called me back and helped me get connected to the right office.

It looks like we are playing a waiting game again. The caseworker over these children is actually on vacation, but another gal was nice enough to start our inquiry. She said that it takes up to 30 days for them to contact us. Good thing we are going to stay busy this month so I won't have time to think about it too much.

Right now I don't want to give out too much information about these children. They are located in an adjoining state. They are almost one and almost 2. Not the infants I had in mind, but still young enough that I can hopefully cuddle with them.

Thank you to those who are keeping us in their thoughts and prayers. We can fill your love and support. Also a big thank you to those who are donating to our adoption cause. It makes our dreams seem a little closer. Our yardsale is in two weeks and we hope to raise a good amount of money to go towards our adoption, especailly since we are now looking at a sibling group.

No comments: