Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Duma



Okay - I'll answer all the questions.

Yes - this is a real cheatah.

No - he didn't shoot it.

Yes - it purrs very, very loudly.

This is a picture that I have hanging at my desk at work. I get asked the above questions all the time. Dallon is serving a mission in South Africa and he was able to pet this cheetah on a few different occasions. It's name is Duma and it's the star of the movie Duma. It's a very cute movie that I would recommend seeing. It's about a boy who adopts an orphaned cheetah cub and then when it grows to big for their house he returns it to the wild. Josh thought it sounded "tree huggy," but we really enjoyed it. There is a parrot in the movie that is hysterical - they should have given him more lines!

Back to the questions; I realize that no one would shoot a cheetah (it's a cat and we don't shoot cats!), but it really is my own fault that I get asked that question. I have the picture hanging with several pictures of Josh and his hunts from last year so I can see how people would assume that he shot the cheetah.

Dallon loves Africa. He has seen all sorts of wildlife: rhino, giraffe, elephant, water buffalo, monkey (in people's yards!), and lions - which he has also petted. He's not very good at sending home pictures, but I will try to post more in the future.

No comments: