Monday, August 5, 2013

Helicopter

This year, I was able to help my uncle again with his Dutch Oven Stand at UBIC. Its a lot of work, but also fun to hang with family and earn a little extra cash.
 
The highlight of the weekend was on Friday. I had been at the park since 9 AM. We had served a lunch one place, and then headed back to the park to start on dinner. Around 4:00, a helicopter landed I the field behind the bathrooms. We couldn't really see what was going on and had no idea. There wasn't a lot of hustle, so we didn't think it was life flight. Our only other thought was maybe it was the band flying in for that night.
 
I finally had a few minutes to go take a look. It looked like they were giving a tour to the kids at the park. So I called my sister and told her to get down there immediately since I didn't know how long they would be staying.
 
She didn't get the message for about 30 minutes, but when she showed up, I took a quick break to help with the boys. Valex met me at the edge of the parking lot yelling, "Look nana! Helicopter! Red Helicopter!" He ran as fast as his little legs could carry him.
 
Once we got close, he wasn't so sure. So I sat on the foot part and then he joined me for a few pictures.
 
Daxsen wasn't as interested. I think was more interested in the band warming up on the stadium.
 
The pilot even let Valex sit in the driver's seat. Of course, when it was time to go, we couldn't get him out.

 
I'm so glad the boys got to experience this up close. Valex loved it!

No comments: