Monday, August 19, 2013

Camping

We both love camping. But some years, its just hard to make it happen.
 
While I was working for my uncle at the fair, Josh mentioned he might try to go camp one night. I begged to go with him, and we decided we could make it work.
 
Then, on his way home from work, it started to pour. So we decided to wait a week.
 
I can't believe its been FOUR years since we went camping last! FOUR YEARS!
 
I dug out our camping tote, only to find the lighter inside had melted and a bug spray had leaked. Pretty much every thing was ruined. So I threw it all away and bought all of the essentials. There is still a few things we never had, but want to get. I also splurged and bought myself a new sleeping bag, which I love! (Thanks Kim for lending me yours so I could realize it was just what I wanted, even though I never got to actually use yours.)
 
Friday afternoon, I went up to Yellowpine and found a spot. I took Sage and most of the supplies with me. After Josh got off work, he joined us with a few things I couldn't fit in the car. We set up the tent and roasted hot dogs and s'mores for dinner.
 
The next morning, we decided to go fishing before it got hot. Josh ended up catching 4 fish and I got three.
 
We left Sage's chain at camp, so all we had was her leash. That was a bit of work for an easily excitable dog. When Josh was trying to reel in one of his fish, she fell in the lake. She did not act happy after that. She also tried to lick all the fish while Josh was unhooking them.

 Each day, a chipmunk would show up in this tree and chirp at us for a pit. I tried to get a picture, but he moved right as I hit the button. He's hard to see, but he's in the 2nd to top branch on the left, but the other branch blocks him. We ended up seeing a ton of chipmunks because one of the neighboring camps had set out sun flower seeds. Each time we went by there, there was at least 3 or 4 chipmunks on the rocks stuffing their cheeks with sunflower seeds.
 
Each night, Sage would dig a hole to sleep in. The first two were right next to each other. Also, on the last morning, we gave her our left over English Muffins we didn't eat. She ate the meat, egg and cheese, but then buried the muffins. And she buried each half in a different hole, it took her forever!
 
I saw this deer right next to some one's canopy. They weren't in camp so they missed it.
 
Two of Sage's holes.

 
Sage and I took a walk Sunday morning and saw a small herd of deer.
 
The view from the back of our tent (where the big window is).
 
I still can't believe we haven't been in four years. But we are busy trying to plan another trip in a few weeks if Josh's work schedule works out. 

No comments: