Saturday, December 1, 2012

Book Club - "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks

In November, it was my turn to host book club. My new favorite author is Nicholas Sparks. In October, I read 5 of his books in 3 weeks. I would decide to choose one book for book club, but then read it and I didn't want to wait that long to discuss it. So finally, I decided to just choose a book, but then not read it until just before book club. But they all sounded good, so I couldn't choose one. Finally, I choose "Dear John" because the main character shares my name. ;)

Thursday night, we got together for book club. I served Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner. Then we watched the movie. Of course, it doesn't follow the book closely, I still loved the movie. 

We always take a break in December because of the holidays. So until January. :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I loved the movie! I really liked the book too, but I actually liked the ending in the movie better!