Saturday, May 19, 2012

"For Cryin' Out Loud!" by Dianne Blaine Hardy

My maternal grandma is one of the coolest people I know, and now she is even cooler.
My grandma is a published author! A few years ago, she started to write her memoirs of growing up in the Uintah Basin. Then earlier this year, she decided to go ahead and publish her book.

This weekend, my grandma came out to do a book signing. It was at the local library and was supposed to go for 2 hours, but she had a constant stream of people so it ended an hour later then scheduled. She said she brought 80 books out with her and only took 13 home.

 My autographed copy of my grandma's book.

A few memories with my grandma.

When we were young, just us kids would go to her house each summer and spend the week. One of my favorite things was she would let us put sugar on our cereal. We weren't allowed to do that at home so at grandma's we would pile on the sugar.

The summer of my 6th grade year, my grandma was moving from Minnesota to North Dakota. I got to fly out (by myself) to Minnesota. Then we loaded her car and drove to North Dakota. After getting her settled, we hopped back in the car and drove back to Utah.

Every time my grandma would come visit, one of my families favorite things to do was play Hearts. Still one of my favorite memories and one of my favorite card games.

In honor of my grandma's first book, I've decided to do a blog giveaway. Leave a comment about one of your childhood memories and you will be entered to win. On Sunday, May 27th, I will draw a name and announce the winner.

 You can also purchase her book on Amazon.com HERE.

3 comments:

Elizabeth and Brian said...

You are very blessed to have your Grandma. Mine are both departed. I was very close to my Grandma Lorraine. She taught me how to garden. When I was a tween and teenager I would spend one week-end a month at her house. We would work in her flower garden. At the time I thought it was just fun but now I realize she was sharing her vast wealth of horticultural knowledge. We we doing more then growing flowers. She was pruning and cultivating my mind. We were also growing a relationship as well. I miss her.

Heather said...

I remember summer time, running wild and making my own adventures like catching crawdads and snakes, playing cops and robbers and going swimming.

Jessica said...

It was so great to meet your grandma! Can't wait to dive into my own personally autographed copy!