Monday, May 16, 2011

Close to My Heart Annual Event

Once a year, Janel with Close to My Heart hosts a HUGE scrapbook event. Its a lot like her monthly groups, only LOTS bigger! I know she starts planning this day months in advance. This year, she offered two packages, but I choose to do both. ;) As always, Janel comes up with these pages on her own and then we recreate them. Like I always say, "I'm not crafty, I'm just good at copying crafty ideas."

I LOVE the barn page. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

It doesn't have a lot of room for pictures, but the page is cute enough on its own. The barn doors are actually flaps that open up and you can put pictures underneath and also in the underside of the flap.


The party page was one of the easiest pages to put together and another one of my favorites. I love the simplicity of it and all the fun colors.



I love the colors on the peacock page. And I'm getting braver to do things on my own. I can't remember what the technique is called, but using just one stamp, you cover it with multiple colors. I usually try get Janel to do the fancy techniques for me, but I did it myself this time.



A fun tree page.


A close up of my tree.

The roller coaster page was another complicated page, but complicated in a cute and fun way. This page set also included flip flap pages, but in bigger sizes.

This is what the page looks like when you first open it.
A close up of the left page. Keep an eye on that large star on the right.
You fold that half of the page open and get this.
This is just a close up shot of the right page. I LOVE it!

The Halloween pages was by far, the hardest page. It took me about 2 hours to put together, and that was with almost everything already cut out. But Halloween is my favorite holiday, so of course it was my favorite page.

This is what the page looks like when you first open it. It has 3 flaps. On the right, there is a flap that folds up and a bigger flap that folds down. Then on the right page, there is a flap that opens up to the right.

This is what the main pages look like, without the flaps.
With the flaps back on, this is the left page with the two flaps, one fold up and the other folds down.
This is the page on the right with its flap opened.
Janel always outdoes herself. I love everything she comes up with. You can learn more about her Close to My Heart business HERE.

No comments: