Monday, May 23, 2011

19. Something that stresses you out.

Being less then perfect. I know, "no one is perfect" but when I'm trying hard and I'm not, it really upsets me.

This is mostly likely to happen if I'm having guests over. I want my house to be perfectly clean. I want dinner to be perfectly presentable and perfectly delicious. I want every one to have a perfectly good time. When it was my turn to host book club, I took the ENTIRE day off work so I could clean. I KNOW my friends wouldn't really care if my house wasn't in perfect order, but I still cared.

A few years ago, I decided to try making a pie. A friend gave me her recipe for No Fail Pie Crust. It failed, and so did I. I told Josh I wasn't even going to go to Thanksgiving dinner, all because my pie didn't turn out.

Josh calls these little (and sometimes big) fits, my kitchen melt downs. But they do stress me out.

If people show up unexpected, I try to meet them on the porch, because there is a pair of socks on the floor and a lunch dish setting out. If they are going to be there for a while and need to come in, I don't sit down, I clean, even if the front room is already clean.

Being in crowds also stresses me out, but that is an infertility issue and I'm trying to work on.

No comments: