Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Monster's Missus Cake

I don't get on Pinterest near as much as I used to. But from time to time, I remember something that I pinned and I go there to look it up. I do this mostly for recipes and around Holidays.
 
So with Halloween fast approaching, I went to Pinterest. I usually log in, go to my boards and find what I need. But this time, I saw something on the home page that caught my eye. Its a cake made from the lady bug pan. I bought that pan last winter for a Birthday party. I LOVED how it turned out. But since I rarely make any girl cakes, it has just been collecting dust.
The Monster’s Missus Cake
When I saw this Monster's Missus Cake made from that pan, I had to try it out! I was also in luck because I had a batch of frosting that needed used up. I changed mine up just a little bit. I couldn't figure how out they did the nose, so I did mine a little differently. I also thought purple would be more fun then grey. I also opted to skip the bolts this time. They are made out of fondant (I don't have any on hand right now) and I think it is just as cute with out.
 
Of course, mine isn't as cute as the original. (I still need more practice.) But I love how it turned out and I'm sure it will get gobbled up at work tomorrow.

1 comment: