Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dinosaur Museum with the boys

On Thursday, my sister invited me to go to the dinosaur museum with them on Saturday. We had already made plans with Dallon & Natalie for Saturday evening, so I declined because I was worried I wouldn't be able get everything ready for our dinner.
Then on Friday morning, I decided I could make both work. I worked extra hard to get my house ready, talked Josh into getting the crockpot started on time (and a few other pre-cooking things), then I talked Vanessa into going over to Vernal earlier then they had planned.
It all worked out perfectly. I had a great morning and afternoon with my family and a super fun evening with Josh's. It felt like the best of both worlds.
 My grandma was supposed to go with us too, but she ended up staying home with the flu. So it was my mom, my sister and myself to chase two little boys. We may have out numbered them, but they have endless amounts of energy that can be hard to keep up with.
The boys LOVED the dinosaur museum. We spent most of our time in the first room since it is the most kid friendly for little bodies. They have several stations for learning and playing and we visited each station a few times.
I think the favorite was a little room they had with cushions and a small table with toys on it. Every time they seemed to get bored with something else, they would head back to that little room and play some more. That's why my pictures look out of order, but really, I think I just took new pictures every time they went back in there.


You might notice in a few pictures that Daxsen has a fat lip. That's because he fell off my mom's tall entertainment center, TWICE, that morning. That kid is a climber, just like we all were as kids. Like in the picture below. He saw his brother climb on the table, so he did too. The only surprise was that he didn't climb up there first.

After the first room, we quickly walked through the rest of the museum before heading out to the outdoor area. 

The weather was gorgeous, so we spent quite a bit of time outside. 

Before we left, we ran into the gift shop so I could buy each boy a gift.
After leaving the museum, Vanessa took the boys to the park while my mom and I ran to get some lunch. When we got to the park, I found they were all exploring the old steeple. When Valex saw me, he yelled "I'm coming!" and took off running.
 We ate, and then we were off again. Or its more like, the adults take turns eating so someone could chase the boys around.

It was so much fun and I am so glad I found a way to do everything all in one day.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

How fun! I'm glad you were able to squeeze in time to spend with both families too. :)