Sunday, October 28, 2012

Barbara's Birthday

A few weeks ago, Melanie mentioned that all her mom wanted for her birthday was a homemade chocolate cake. I had seen this cute candy corn cake in a magazine, so I volunteered to make the cake. I called grandma Vonne and got the recipe for Moist Chocolate Cake

It was a pretty simple cake to design and it turned out so cute. Preston wanted to know if it would taste like candy corn. ;) 


Last year, I saw this cute block kit and decided to get it for Barbara. But then I forgot about it until I found it a few months ago when I was deep cleaning. So I made it up and gave it to her this year. I figured later was better then never. 




1 comment:

Jessica said...

Super cute cake! But I love anything candy corn. ;) The kit turned out really cute as well! I hope she liked it!