Friday, April 6, 2012

Book Club - "Love Comes Softly" by Janette Oke

This month, it was Jessica's turn to choose the book. She wanted to choose a book, based on a movie, by one of her favorite directors, Michael Landon Jr. So she choose "Love Comes Softly" by Janette Oke that is a made for the Hallmark Channel movie.

This time, I almost didn't get the book read. I took it with me to the hospital when my mom was there, but was so stressed that I figured I wouldn't get into the book. So on Sunday I realized, in a panic, that book club was only a few days away and I had yet to start the book. I spent most of Sunday reading it and finished it the next day. Its an easy and fun read and I loved the book. Its actually the 1st book in a long series. I thought it was only 3 books, so I bought the first three. Only to realize later that there is like 8 books. But I loved it so I'll probably end up reading them all.

The movie was good and did catch most of the stuff from the book. But in the book, the one girl is only one years old and in the movie she is nine. I had a really hard time with that. In the end, I thought the book was better. But that is usually how it is anyways.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is usually how it goes with books and movies, isn't it! ;) Glad you liked the book though. :)