Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Belated Birthday

Just a few days before Christmas, I decided I wanted a Kindle Fire. But Christmas was already taken care of, so I decided I could wait 2 more weeks for my birthday.

Then I had to be a responsible adult and buy things like tires for the Escape and hay for the horses. And Josh had trip to Ohio that he had been planning for MONTHS. (I never did blog about that. And now I probably won't because he accidentally deleted all of his pictures.) And we had to pay for hotels and gas for all the wedding travels. Each time I thought, just a few more weeks and I'll order it. Just one more paycheck and I'll order it.

Then the longer I waited, the more I debated. I would waiver between a Kindle Fire or an iPad. I would have my heart set on the Kindle, but then I would get caught up in the excitement of an iPad and I would decide that since I had had to wait so LONG, I deserved the more expensive iPad. Even Josh agreed with me. But then I would start comparing the two and I just couldn't find a $300 difference. So then I would remind myself, all I originally wanted was something to read books, but having Internet access would be a bonus.

Almost 4 MONTHS later, I finally got it. After spending time in the hospital with my mom a few weeks ago, I knew I couldn't wait anymore. And it has worked perfectly because while sitting in the waiting room during her surgery, I have read an entire book.

I've had it for just over a week and can't put it down. Within minutes of opening it, I was online buying books. And I haven't stopped since. I've read a few short stories, but just finished my first full length book, "The Tiger Unleashed" by Rachel Rogers.

It was hard to wait so long for my birthday present, but it was worth it. Bonus, I have it in time for the cruise too.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I need to buy a few books for my iPad for when we are traveling for the cruise. Any suggestions?