Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bedroom Remodel

This summer I was able to redo our bedroom. It took me all summer, but I love how it turned out. 

This is the first time I've painted, its a lot of work. Especially if you are also dealing with bats at the same time. 

The next big project was new blinds. I was able to get new blinds in my bedroom, my bathroom, the living room and also for the sliding kitchen door. Hopefully next year I can get new blinds for the rest of the house.

I think my favorite addition was a new bed set. We've never had a matching bed set, so it was a big deal to me.  I found the middle pillow at The Quilted Bear.

Then I finished the room out by adding new decor. Here is over the dresser. Hopefully next year I can get a new dresser, then my bedroom will be complete. 
My side of the bed. 
Josh's side of the bed. When I was finished painting, Josh immediately hung his elk back up. It was another 2 days before we got the bed put back up. 
Close up of my dresser. This picture is to remind me of how I WANT my dresser to look. Behind me on the bed is all the stuff that actually usually clutters the dresser. :p
I got these two Valentine's kits from the Idea Closet. I thought they were the perfect addition to our bedroom. I've had them for months, but finally got them put together today. 

Above our closet. 
Some of my other favorite signs around the room. 





I am now in love with my room. I have new bathroom decor on my Christmas list so hopefully that will be redone soon. 


2 comments:

Davis Valley Classic said...

Cute room! I'm completely jealous as my bed spread was picked out by Mike all on his own right after we were married. I didn't have the heart to tell him I didn't like it! And our room is just super plain. Anyway, I love all the decorations and your bed spread!

Jessica said...

Everything turned out so cute!