Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This year, we decided to stay home and enjoy Thanksgiving in our new home. I love the years when we stay home. Its a lot of pressure to do ALL the cooking on our own, but I love that we can do it at our pace with no worry on being on time for dinner. And Josh is such great help that it runs smoothly.
 
I was going to prepare a few things each night, but never did. So I had to do it all today. I started by making two of the pies so they could have time to set up in the fridge. We did run into a few hiccups. Yesterday, while I was at work, I called and told Josh to pull some bread out of the freezer. Turns out, all I had in there was banana bread. We decided we had enough food, we would be fine without stuffing.
 
But then, I realized I needed a few things from the store this morning. (Josh went to the store TWICE for me today.) So we decided to do cornbread stuffing this year. I ran out of time to make fresh rolls, so during one of Josh's store runs, he bought some frozen rolls.
 
Our feast included:
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes & home made gravy
Carrot Supreme
Candied Yams
Cornbread Stuffing
Cranberries
Rolls


No comments: