Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Valex's 1st movie - The Lorax

I remember watching "The Lorax" and "The Sneetches" all the time as a kid. I think my mom had recorded it on TV for us to watch over and over. Which we did, all the time. We loved those movies. So when I saw "The Lorax" was coming to the theaters, I decided, since it was a movie I know Vanessa and I both enjoyed as kids, it was a movie we needed to enjoy together now. Then I thought it might be a fun movie for Valex. I know Vanessa belongs to a book group and each month she gets a new Dr. Seuss book and he really enjoys those. I really wanted to take Valex, but he's not even 2 years old yet, so I wasn't sure how he would do. So I asked Vanessa what she thought. She thought he would do fine so we decided to try it.

Last night, I got to Vanessa's and Valex was all ready to go bye-bye. We decided to hang around the house for a few more minutes and get to the theater a few minutes before the show started so he'd have that much less time to get bored. Once we got there and found some seats, I went out and bought us all treats. That little boy loves popcorn! He looked like such a big boy eating it out of the bag.

I took a picture of him and his mom just before the movie started. He was only watching the previews, but he seemed pretty fascinated with the large screen.

I was still a little worried about how well he would do, but he was such a good boy through the entire thing. It is a kids movie so of course I heard lots of kids crying and fussing, but never once was it Valex. Vanessa thinks he slept for about 20 minutes, but each time I looked at him he was awake. He did loose his binks towards the end, but that didn't phase him. I heard Vanessa tell him it was gone and he believed her and went right on watching the movie.

The movie was great. It was so much fun to be there with my sister and for Valex's first movie. On the way home, I decided that when the movie comes out on DVD, I'm going to have to buy it for myself and for Valex.

No comments: