Tuesday, July 1, 2014

For the Newest Nephew

I'm getting a new nephew this month. As I started rounding up my baby purchase I have made over the last several months, I realized: I'm pretty excited!!!! I didn't think I had that much. I had only been buying a thing or two, here and there. But apparently I did that a lot more than I thought I did.

Her family threw her a baby shower and the teachers she worked with did also. But I guess everyone was baby showered out because there never was a third one for me to attend. If I had known, I might have tried to sneak into one of the others. 

Baby clothes are pretty much the cutest thing ever. I wish I had an outfit that had a bear on the butt. (Well, not really, I don't need to draw attention there, but still, how cute is that!?)

I also couldn't resist this lion onesie pack.


I had a hard time finding something cowboyish, but I thought this campfire outfit was too cute to pass up on.

I also had to make sure the world would know he was an cool nephew with an awesome uncle and aunt.



I finished the package off with a few odds and ends. I bought several things to make a diaper cake, and this is just what was left over when I was finished, along with another package of diapers.

I really wanted to find a couple western style fabrics to make blankets with. That turned out hard to accomplish; I was in the fabric store several times. In the end, I did an outdoor blanket, a safari animal blanket and a western blanket and 2 burp rags of each.

After that, I thought my gift was complete. But while cleaning, I found a box with blankets and burp rags I keep for last minute gifts. I didn't even think to look in it while I was shopping for fabric. I decided to look inside and see if I needed to work on refilling it again, only to find more cowboy blankets! I just had to include them.

And a few more burp clothes.

I had to go to three stores before I could find a gift bag large enough to hold everything.

The last thing I wanted to do was make a diaper tractor cake for the baby shower. But my timing was bad. Literally an hour after I finished it (and ordered a few more things to make it a little cuter), I learned it had been cancelled.


Here is the final version. I didn't like how the moose had looked on it, so I ordered a stuffed cow and a binky/steering wheel. I think the cow made it so much cuter!

I looked at several ideas online and they all used different items for the tractor body. But in the end, I decided I couldn't go wrong with more diapers, wrapped in green receiving blankets.


The little guy's due date is July 9th. But I'm so excited to meet him, I wouldn't be sad if he came a few days early.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow! That is going to be one spoiled little nephew! ;) The tractor cake you made is darling and I do love the cow on it. :) I have to say my favorite onsie and bib are the crab ones. So cute!