Saturday, June 14, 2014

Atlanta, Georgia Day 1

Every year, my company sends a few people to an SEDC Training. Its usually held in Florida or Georgia. This year, it was held in Atlanta, Georgia and I was able to go this year. There was two others who attended with me.

I was excited to go. The cats thought they should go with me. 

The lady that booked everything for us didn't want us to feel like we were in a rush. The Conference started on a Monday, but we flew in on Saturday. It ended on Thursday afternoon, but we didn't have to fly back until Friday. This left us plenty of time to go see a few things. 

The Atlanta Airport is HUGE! I had heard it was so big, if you have a connecting flight, you have to take the airport shuttle to the next terminal so you don't miss your flight. I guess we underestimated the size, because we decided to walk to baggage claim. It was forever away. Finally, we got tired and took the shuttle, only to learn we were only 1 stop away. 

We also had to take the sky train to get to our rental car. 

Driving is not my favorite thing, but luckily the gentleman traveling with us was our driver. He was also a great tour guide in figuring out where we should go see things and eat. 

My hotel room. We stayed in the Renaissance Hotel, which was perfect because that is where the conference was held. It was nice being able to go from my room to my classes. 

The view from my room was beautiful. I was amazed at how green it was there. When you drive down the freeway, you have no idea what's on the other side because of all the trees. It was really hard to leave all the green and come home to the dessert. 

Just some various pictures I took of all the green trees around Atlanta while we were there. 

That night, we decided to eat at PappaDeaux. Russ had been there before and he said it was really good. When we got there, we saw a long line, so Kerri and I went to get in the line while Russ went to park the car. What we didn't know was the line also wrapped around to the back side of the building. It was a 1 hour 45 minute wait time! This restaurant is actually a chain of different restaurants. Across the parking lot was PappaSito's. We looked up there number and called. They only had a 15 minute wait, so we went there instead. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Woo! I'm so excited to read all about your trip!