Friday, May 16, 2014

Savannah's Day 2014

Lately, Josh has had some pretty crazy hours. He was either working in Moab or Wyoming, for a full week. Or even on the days he worked from Vernal, he was leaving at 6 AM and not getting home until 10 PM. So as Savannah's Day approached, I decided, instead of a gift, I just wanted a weekend away.

I did some searching online and decided it would be fun to go see a play and then spend a night at a bed & breakfast. I choose Ballet West Presents Cinderella at the Sandy Amphitheater. It was a little rainy, but fun. Josh had never been to a ballet before (and I have only been to one years ago when I was young), so it was a little different because there was no talking. But we both really enjoyed it. 

After that, we headed back to our room. I had found a cute bed & breakfast called the 1887 Hansen Home in Sandy. It was located in the historic part of Sandy, so it was a nice quite area. The house was charming and I loved our room, The American Cowboy Room. We were the only couple there that weekend, which was also nice.

We were able to visit with the owner the next morning and learn the history of the place, which was pretty cool. We told her how much we loved our room and she said its usually the least liked. I can't see why. You can see the love her husband put into that room when they were building it. The outhouse around the toilet was perfect! I can see how other people would prefer the more Victorian themed rooms, but for us, this room was perfect. 




Because we were out of town, we didn't see our own mom's, but we did call and wish them a Happy Mother's Day. I made some more scrapbook pages for my mom. I had a harder time figuring out Josh's mom, until I saw this cute idea on Pinterest of a bright gift basket of various yellow items. I had so much fun putting it together. In the end, I couldn't find a yellow basket, but I decided the orange matched it perfectly. 


I love that Josh picked the card out himself. On Sunday, before we headed home, I wanted to stop at Victoria's Secret and get a few new bras. Josh doesn't like to go into stores with me, so he just walks around the mall until I call and tell him I'm finished. During one of his laps, he decided to stop at the Hallmark card and pick out a card for his mom and another for myself. 

I always love getting cards from him. I know he spends a lot of time trying to find the perfect one. 


This is actually the 3rd year we've been out of town on Mother's Day. I have found it makes it much easier to deal with being a childless couple, so its probably a tradition that will continue each year. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That room looks right up your alley! Glad you had a good weekend. :)