Sunday, September 8, 2013

Daxsen's 2nd Birthday

Daxsen's 2nd Birthday was while we were on our camping trip; so Vanessa had decided to have his party this weekend.
 
When we were trying to decide on a cake, we let Daxsen look at the computer screen with us. He seems to get the most excited about the airplane one, so that is what we ordered.
 
It turned out so cute! I LOVE that I can make such cute cakes for my nephews. It really means the world to me.
 
Vanessa said he needed clothes and I was thrilled to find airplane pj's to match his cake.  
 
The boys went to their dad's so my sister could set up for the party. While she was cooking dinner, my brothers were outside blowing up tons of balloons. I took this picture when they were about half way through.

 
When the boys got there, Daxsen rushed right out, but Valex stood at the door for a few minutes.
 
Then the boys went to work popping all of the balloons.



 
Valex tried so hard to blow one up on his own.


 
 
After eating, Daxsen noticed the presents and came right over to get them. So I picked him up so he could open them.





 
Grandma made sure Valex had a few small ones of his own.



 
A few weeks ago, we got an ice cream machine. We had made some Rocky Road last night and had some left over cream. So I decided to make Cookies 'n Cream for the party. It was yummy and went perfectly with the cake.





 
My dad found a scooter for Daxsen and a training bike for Valex. Not that they noticed which was which. They happily played with both. Valex has gotten better at distracting Daxsen with something so he can take whatever he has. Valex wanted the scooter, so he pointed out the bike to Daxsen.
 
Which he climbed on all by himself. He thinks he is such a big boy.





 
The cake was delish! Every time his mom looked away, he would try to dish himself another piece.
 
I can't believe how much these little boys are growing up. I love seeing them grow and learn new things, but I also miss cuddling with Daxsen when he was a baby. By the time he came along, I was finally at a peaceful place with my infertility, so I've always felt closest to him.


 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

The cake turned out great!