Monday, August 17, 2015

Girls Trip 2015: San Diego, Sea World

I hadn't been to Sea World since I was 14, so I was really excited to go. We wanted to have time for the beach that afternoon, so we choose our favorite four shows. Between each show, we had extra time, so either rode on a ride, or looked at other exhibits.


The park wasn't that busy when we first go there. We had plenty of time until the first show, so we decided to ride the Sky Ride first and get a view of the layout of the park.
 





After that, we went over to watch the dolphins playing. On our way, we passed some otters.
 

We still had a while until the first show started, so we watched these dolphins for quite a while.






A cool tree we saw while walking around.

The first show we went to was the Dolphin Show. We both agreed we didn't want to get wet, so at each show, we set a few rows past the splash zone. Some people got soaked; we were glad it wasn't us. But by the end of the day, we would have realized another problem. We both forgot sunscreen. By the end of the day, I was RED.









Our next stop was the penguin exhibit.







The sea turtles were probably my favorite. I love turtles, but also, they building was air conditioned! It was so nice to escape the heat for a few minutes.









 
The next show we went to was the Cirque Show. I think the funniest part was when we asked a park worker where we could buy a magnet for the show. She told us since the show didn't have any animals, there wasn't a gift store for it. I wanted to tell her that people are important too.



In the back ground, you can see the Bayside Skyride, which we would ride later.

I think the whale show was my favorite, simply because I couldn't get over how big they were!












After the whale show, we had time to go ride the Bayside Skyride. This is probably when I started to notice how red I was getting.





The last show we wanted to see was the sea lion, walrus and otter show.








Of course, I can't pass by a gift shop without buying something for the nephews. I bought a penguin shirt for Colt, Valex and Daxsen. I couldn't find the sizes I need for the other boys, so I decided to buy their shirts at the zoo the following day.


I also bought a cup, pen and a few magnets for myself. When I went to check out, they let me know they had a special. If you spent so much, you could get a collector's bag for half off. So I had to get it also.

No comments: