Monday, May 11, 2015

#MicroblogMonday: Card Shopping

Josh says one of the funniest places is the card aisle right before a major "woman" holiday, aka Valentines's Day and Mother's Day. Just a bunch of men, who look completely lost and have no idea how to pick a card. (He's been buying me cards for years, so he's pretty good at it.)

He said this year was the funniest so far. There were several men there, but one man kept mumbling to himself, "she's not MY mother, I don't understand why I have to get her a card." "I got MY mom a card, I don't know why she thinks she needs one also." "Let the KIDS get her a card." "She's not MY mother," was the phrase Josh heard several times. I'm sure the guy was getting a wife for his card.

I think that's why I love getting a card from Josh. Its never expected, but instead, usually a surprise. I love that he has to take time out of his day to go to the store and find the perfect card for me. I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

You can find more of this weeks #MicroblogMondays posts HERE.

3 comments:

Cristy said...

Isn't it funny how pushing for expected recognition usually is less satisfying then getting it unexpectedly? How sweet of your husband to surprise you. And I'm willing to bet you get this because you're not nagging and instead of highly appreciative.

Mali said...

That's funny! Men really don't understand that women like being thought of without prompting. You've got a keeper!

I've created a rod for my own back by being the card-maker for the family. So my husband doesn't always think about getting me a card.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Josh sounds like a really great guy.

Though snickering at the guys in the aisle muttering to themselves.