Saturday, February 8, 2014

Preston's 7th Birthday

Last week, my nephew, Preston, turned 7! 

This year, I thought it would be fun to mail out birthday cards so they could get something on their birthday. 

 Of course, I had to add money to make it more fun. Melanie said it arrived on his birthday and he loved it.

He asked me to make him a Mario cake. I did some looking online and found a few ideas. He decided he wanted the Chain Chomp cake. It was just a round cake, so it was simple enough to do. I couldn't decide how to do the chain. In the end, I went with mini chocolate donuts. I cut pieces into them so they would link together. It was a hit!

I also tried to find some fun candles for his cake. Unfortunately, the Mario candle was kind of pricey. So in the end, I got it and some star candles. 


I decided to stick with the Mario theme for his gifts. I got him Mario Yahtzee, Mario Checkers, some Mario stickers for his bedroom and a game cube full of candy. 












I think the Yahtzee game was his favorite. 

I can't believe how big he has gotten. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Using mini chocolate donuts for the chain was brilliant!