Saturday, February 15, 2014

13th Anniversary

This year marks our 13th Anniversary. It seems like I can't even remember having a life before meeting Josh. I love him so much. 
This year, we decided to go enjoy a relaxing weekend at Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. About a month ago, I started searching online. We finally decided to stay at this little apartment building. It was cheaper than the other hotels and it included a kitchen. (I forgot to take pictures of it.) It was older, but still very cute. We had planned on doing our own cooking, but when the time arrived, we decided to just eat out.

Saturday morning, we went to leave. We got about 10 miles down the road and my car's "check engine" light came on. We decided to turn around and go get the truck instead. Before we could even get home, the light went off. But we decided to play it safe and take the truck anyways. 

When we got to Lava Hot Springs, it was BUSY. Turns out it was their Fire & Ice Winter Fest. I spent all that time online looking at hotels and restaurants and never even noticed. At first, we were kind of mad because we wanted a quite, peaceful weekend. Than we saw a list of events and were mad we didn't know about it before hand. We had missed some fun stuff on Friday and there was a run planned for Sunday, but we didn't have our tennis shoes with us. It was busy, and parking was miserable, but in the end, we decided we want to go again next year. 

There really was no parking in town. We ended up parking a block away from our apartment. But because the town is so small, we decided to just walk everywhere. The first night, we walked up to a pizza parlor. On the way back, they started lighting off fireworks from the mountain side. 

We spent Saturday night at the Hot Springs. Than we went again Sunday morning. That is when they do the Running of the Bulls. Every starts at the other end of main street and races to the Hot Pools, in just their swim suits! It looks cold, but the run is actually pretty short, maybe half a mile. Josh to try it next year. 

Sunday night we went to a fancier place for dinner. (We had to make a reservation online!) We went to the Portneuf Grill & Lounge in the Riverside Inn. By that time, the town was pretty much deserted. For most of dinner, we were the only people there, but a second couple showed up right when we were leaving.
After dinner, we decided to go back to the Hot Pools one last time and ended up staying until they closed. 

We talked about going again on Monday morning, before we left, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to leave. So we decided to just head home. During the weekend Josh commented how far we had come. When we got married, all we could afford was lunch at the Dairy Keen in Heber. So in honor of our first meal together, as husband and wife, we stopped there on our way home. 

When we got home, I had a fun surprise. My mom had watched our pets for us while we were gone and she left me an early Valentine.



I ended up calling in an IOU on my gift, so I can shop around. I want a wine cooler for our kitchen. But I need to decide where I'm going to put it and how big I want it to be. Our kitchen is pretty small, so I'm still deciding. I would also like to look at them in person instead of just online. 

For Josh, I got him a new leather wallet. He loved it! I've had it since before Christmas, so it was really hard for me to wait this long to give it to him. I almost let the surprise slip a few times. 

He wanted me to get something, so while in Lava Hot Springs, I picked out a pretty flower necklace.


Some days, it feels like we've been married forever (but in a good way). Other days, it feels like not that long. Either way, I'm so grateful he asked me to be his wife all those years ago. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Glad you guys had a fun time! So weird about your car's check engine light, but better to be safe than sorry when you're traveling that far. :) Your IOU gift sounds fun. Can't wait to see it!