Monday, January 18, 2010

Josh's Wisdom Teeth

Never before did I think I would be willing to pay someone hundreds of dollars to do a surgery on a Saturday, but that is just what we did this weekend.

Josh has been having wisdom teeth problems. And when I say problems I mean, pounding migraines at all hours of the night where he thought it would hurt less if his head really did explode. There was some nights he would only get 2 hours of sleep. Sure, you could say it was practice for when the baby comes, but there is no way he could have cared for a baby while in that much pain.

I've been reassured that when I had my wisdom teeth pulled several years ago, I wasn't near as funny as Josh was this weekend. He said the only goofy thing I did is when the doc asked if I could see my husband I declared I could see both of them just fine.

Here are a few of the funny things Josh said and did on the ride home from the dentist.

"That doc, he's okay. He's a good egg in my book."

He told me to pull into K-mart and buy a Wii (I had wanted to buy one the night before, but he talked me out of it.) When I told him we were no where near K-mart, he made a big circle with his arm (and almost feel out of the seat, thank goodness for seat belts) and told me to turn the car around and go get one.

He declared that we were NOT going to stop in Heber on the way home. (We were no where near Heber nor were we going to be.)

He declared several people he knows to be "up-tight." I was one of them.

He demanded I call his brother and tell him he was ready to go ice fishing, right that second.

When my cell rang and I didn't answer it, he got after me for ignoring phone calls. He also kept reminding me they left a voice-mail.

He compared some people to coyotes.

When they gave us the okay to leave, I noticed his glasses weren't with him. Josh noticed he was missing teeth and he wanted to know where they were, he was going to make a necklace.

In an act of what I thought was brilliance, I asked for a kitten. He asked me if I had met our last kitten and there was no way in Hades he was letting me get another kitten like her. I should have just gotten the kitten, because he can't remember telling me no.

I learned a new lesson about love on Saturday. The hardest thing I've had to do since we were married almost nine years ago was to walk out of the room when the doctor told me to. It took every ounce of strength I had to do it. I made it as far as the restroom where I crumbled. It is so hard to love someone so much and yet not be able to do anything to help them.

3 comments:

Meka said...

What a funny and sweet post! He must have gone to an oral surgeon! How is he feeling now? I am lucky, with mine I could go to a dentist and this time it was much better then last. Is Josh able to eat hard foods yet? I just started today, yay!

Heather said...

So glad to hear that Josh finally got those wisdom teeth out. Hope those migraines stay far, far away now. You should have asked for something BIG while he was out of it!! LOL

Christine Dallimore said...

That is a hilarious and yet very loving post!!! I do hope he is feeling better and that he will be relieved from all of those icky migraines.