Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Minecraft Cake

For his birthday, Preston requested a Minecraft Cake.

I had heard of the game, but have never actually played it. Or even seen it.

So I spent a lot of time on the Internet looking at different cake ideas. I couldn't decide between doing a Creeper cake or just a field cake with toys. I have loved the construction cakes I've done in the past, and really wanted to do a cake for Preston that came with a few toys he could keep.

In the end, I decided to do a cake with some toys, and then do square brownies around the edge.

I love how it turned out! I used my Pampered Chef square brownie pan and it worked perfect. This way I could do creeper, TNT and other white and red thing, which I'm still trying to figure out. It showed up a lot when I googled for mine craft, so I decided to include it.

I ended up buying way too many toys for the cake. I bought three action figure sets and an animal set. 


A close up view of the brownies. I really love how they turned out. 



1 comment:

Wise Old Owl said...

You are wonderfully creative, Savannah. Love you. Grandma