Wednesday, March 10, 2010

For Patrick

Yes, you read that right. I am making a PINK blanket for a little boy named Patrick. Why does Patrick need a pink blanket? Actually, he doesn't. What Patrick needs is a life-saving small bowel transplant.

I met Patrick's parents through one of my infertility support groups. I remember there was an email that came through about a little boy in Michigan needing a family. A short time later Emily emailed the group to say they were adopting the little boy. I was so happy for them.

Patrick was born with Short Gut Syndrome. You can go to his website HERE. It is estimated that his transplant will cost well over $500,000. His family has insurance, but it won't cover the full cost.

On May 1st his family is sponsoring a concert and a silent auction to raise money for the transplant and associated costs. That is where my pink blanket comes in. I am going to put together a few packages to donate to the silent auction. To me it doesn't seem like much, but to his family, every penny will help their little boy.

To learn how you can donate for the silent auction go HERE. Or leave a comment and I will help you get in touch with his family. If you don't have anything to donate to the auction, but still want to donate money, they have a donation link HERE.

3 comments:

Christine Dallimore said...

I would like to help!!! I can donate a doll or two! :o) Let me know who I need to get into contact with. ADORABLE BLANKET!!!

Elizabeth and Brian said...

1st maybe I didn't see how to do the following but this is what i think you should tell them.

They need to add a donation button. You can do that through paypal. They need to let on-line people be able to bid on some items. I would gladly do both.

Chicken aka Emily said...

The blanket is just adorable! What a sweetheart you are for doing this, Savannah! Thanks to you and all who've shared such kind comments! We are so touched.

In answer to Elizabeth's comment, I don't know why there's not a donation button on the individual blog entries in COTA's template. It's on almost all the other pages of the site. Click on "Home" or "Blogs" at the top left of the screen and it's there. Or - direct address is http://cota.donorpages.com/PatientOnlineDonation/COTAforPatrickH/

As for online bids, once all donations are collected, we'll post pictures and descriptions of the items online. We're planning offer a few to online bidders. Info should be posted at cotaforpatrickh.com as it becomes available.

Thanks again! We are amazed again and again as friends and even strangers are so very generous with us!