Monday, March 16, 2015

#MicroblogMondays: Balance


In January, I went back to school. I knew it would be hard, but I had no idea. Not only am I taking  two (intense) classes; I am still working full time, going to Bible study, and serving on my HOA board. On top of all of that, I am still trying to be the perfect wife.

For the first several weeks, I would try a new schedule, hoping to find a way I could juggle all my plates at once, without dropping any. I've decided it just isn't possible. Every time I think I find something that works, something comes up and I have to rearrange my schedule.

Josh has been a gem through all of this. There are weeks when I'm not home at all. I leave work and go straight to the college. I arrive home, just in time for bed. Some nights he cooks me dinner, but if I know I'm going to be late, I tell him to just worry about himself and I'll find something. Each week, I just look forward to the weekend, so I can see my husband, hoping that I won't have homework that needs my attention first.

This is one of those weeks. I have a test tonight. Class on Tuesday. Scrapbook group and Bible study on Wednesday. Class again on Thursday. (But I'll probably skip out early so I can get ready for the weekend.) This weekend is the annual scrapbook retreat I go to each year. So with that, it really will be a full, crazy week.

Because of that, Josh and I had a nice date this past weekend. Next weekend I'll go to my retreat and he plans to go fishing every day.

I just remind myself that it will all be worth it in the end. Someday this craziness will end and life will be more calm.

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here

3 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Hope things calm down. It's so hard to balance school with working. I'm impressed.

Mali said...

Wondering if there isn't something you could put on hold for a while. I'm exhausted at the thought of all this. Do you really need to keep all those plates in the air? Cos if the plates don't fall and break, you might. Could scrapbooking or bible study or anything else be deferred till your study is done? Because if you're trying to do all this, maybe you're not doing justice to any of it.

PS. If you figure out how to be the perfect wife, tell me! I personally don't think it is possible to be the perfect wife. Because who defines what qualifies as "perfect?"

Savannah said...

I actually have given up a bit. The scrapbooking has pretty much stopped, but I signed up for this retreat last August, so I decided to still go it. But I don't go to the monthly group anymore.

I'd love to give up the HOA (Home Owner's Association), but no one will take that over. When I took it over, I found out we had residents that hadn't been paying their fees for YEARS! So I'm trying to get it all cleaned up. Maybe when I get everyone caught up, I can get someone else to take over that.

And most days I do pretty good. I definitely stress more when I have a test.

And its a continual learning experience to be the perfect wife. I definitely fall short of that most days. But I keep trying.