Sunday, March 21, 2010

Friday at the Quilted Bear

On Friday I went with my cousins Kim & Jessica to the city. I was even able to meet up with my friend Meka for a bit. The entire day was a blast. We started at one end of the valley and worked our way up all the way to Magna. My favorite two stops were The Olive Garden and The Quilted Bear.

I'm participating in another Swaperoo so I bought my partners stuff at the Quilted Bear. Here is the sneak peek. I'll post more pictures after I mail the package.


There is a booth at the Quilted Bear that makes the cutest things. (Wait, back that up, all of the booths are so cute!) This booth takes a cute twist on their items. They have these little wooden decorations for each season and on the back of them is the little plastic covers you use to child proof electrical sockets. You plug these into your electrical sockets!

I don't have much for Easter decorations so I bought myself this cute block display. It really brightens up the living room. Over the last few years I have come to LOVE motivational sayings in picture frames or on tiles. I thought this one was perfect given recent events. Now I just need to work on actually living it. I don't know if I like the color of the bow, I'll probably change it for a dark brown.
This was my treasure of the day. Its a picture of the Jordan River temple on a tile. I LOVE it. It was a little pricey and I walked by it 3 times before I finally decided to just buy it. We have a few pictures of the temple we were married in, but I wanted something elegant and fancy. It looks so perfect on my book shelf.
This is another Jordan River Temple display I bought recently. Its a collectors plate that can either set in a stand or hang on the wall. I still haven't decided where to display it, so it moves around a lot.
Friday was the best, I can't wait to do it again.

5 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Those are awesome finds! I had the Salt Lake temple plate (but Que broke it when we moved). Boo.

I also have the Salt Lake temple sepia picture. We must have good taste. :)

Elizabeth and Brian said...

I am jeaous.

Jessica said...

Friday was the best! I love all the stuff we found. I keep replaying the great times we had in my head and recounting stories to Andrew. Let's do this again about June!

OUR HAPPY FAMILY said...

Oh, sounds like you had a fun girls day! I love the Olive Garden and Quilted Bear.

Savannah said...

I know this is really random, and it has nothing to do with your post, but..... I was on my blog updating something and I accidentally clicked on the "Next Blog" button and I saw that your name is Savannah. I know, random, but its sort of ironic because mine is, too, and it isn't a common name.