Sunday, February 1, 2009

200

This is my 200th post and I want to do something special to mark the moment. But 200 is a big number. I don’t know that I could think of 200 things to name off except maybe books I own (I own around 250). That sounds long and boring.
I have already on numerous occasions listed things about me, but I fear to mention even more weird unknown facts about myself.
I thought about doing a tribute to my wonderful husband, but our anniversary is in a week so I am trying to save up all the compliments I can think of for then.
Since this blog is supposed to be about us trying to adopt I have chosen to take this moment and write a short essay of 200 words I would like to say to our birth mother when we have a child placed with us.

We will never understand the heartache and pain you have gone through as you have come to the decision to place your child, but we do understand how much you love this special little person that will bless all our lives.
We promise to raise this child with all the love we have and to make sure they know of the love you have for them. We hope that you will continue to be a part of our lives and be able to watch with us as your child grows up to be the person we all hope them to be. We know because of this selfless act of love that you are showing, they will be a better person. You have given us the most wonderful gift there is to give. A gift of love. A gift that means the world to us and will also mean the world to your child. A gift that will be a part of our family forever.
We will never be able to repay you for what you have given us, but not a day will pass that we won’t thank the Lord for you. We respect you, we love you. God bless.

No comments: